- Publicity items may only be posted on bulletin boards labeled "Student Bulletin Board."
- All posted materials appearing on bulletin boards must be approved by the Student Life and Leadership office in SSC 190 and stamped prior to posting. You must also leave one copy of the posting in SSC 190.
- Posters are to be no larger than 11" x 17" and must contain the name and contact information (phone number, e-mail and/or postal address) of the sponsoring entity visibly on the poster. The event, time, place, and cost/price/donation must also be stated.
- Only one poster is allowed per board, regardless of board size.
- Posting over or removing existing material is not allowed.
- Student bulletin boards are checked at the discretion of the Student Life and Leadership office and will be cleared each Friday.
Posting is not permitted in the areas other than designated student bulletin boards (therefore walls, windows, trees, light posts, park benches, building label signs, car windows, etc. are not appropriate posting places).
- Maximum size for sandwich board signs is 2' x 4'.
- Signs may not be placed on lawns or shrub areas.
- Signs may not restrict access to sidewalks or building entrances, with special consideration for regular business, ADA and/or fire access.
Signs staked on lawns can remain only from 6:00AM-6:00PM and may be removed for mowing or watering.
Signs may be staked with wood or metal stakes, but may not go into the ground deeper than 6 inches.
Sponsoring organization's name and contact information must appear on the sign or sign stake.
- Due to the negative environmental and resource impact associated with it (removal via washing wastes water and runs the risk of introducing pollutants into the natural storm water removal network of campus streams), chalking on campus is not permitted.
- Any chalking on campus property will be treated as graffiti and removed. The sponsoring organization affiliated with the chalking promotion may be sanctioned or charged for the clean up fees associated with the removal.
Any sponsoring organization which violates these policies will have any posted material removed and is thereby open to the application of sanctions:
- exclusion from use of university publicity outlets
- denial of university facilities and equipment
- denial of university recognition